The Revista Internacional de Sociología (RIS) is pleased to announce the call for “special issue 2023”. Proposals should be submitted by April 1, 2022 via e-mail (email@example.com), the result being announced by May 15, 2022. The 2023 special issue will be published in the last number of that year (81.4).
Proposals must include the following information:
- Monograph title
- Name, institutional affiliation, contact details and a short biography of Guest Editor(s).
- A brief summary of the proposed Monograph topic
- A justification of the proposal aimed to contextualize it in the research field of the social sciences, with special attention to sociological perspective, as well as the contribution to be made to the state of the art.
- Titles, subjects, abstracts and keywords of the articles that form part of the monograph (250 words). It would be positive to link each abstract with the general contribution made by the special issue proposal.
- Names, affiliations and authors’ short biography to be invited to participate in the special issue.
- Special Issue dissemination plan
RIS Special issue consist of a minimum of six and a maximum of seven articles and a state-of-the-art introduction. The monograph can be written in Spanish or English, but only in one of the languages.
Procedures and responsibilities of Guest Editor(s):
The proposals received will be evaluated by the editorial team of the RIS based on the following criteria: originality of the proposal, contributions to the state of the discipline and the specific research area, experience of publishers in the particular field of study, clarity and accuracy of the proposed contributions, and fitting to RIS publication lines.
Once a proposal is selected, the Guest Editors will be informed about the process to follow, as well as adjustments or changes, if necessary, that will be performed on the original proposal.
All special issues contributions will be evaluated by the usual procedure of the Journal. Guest Editor(s) functions are as follows:
- The Guest Editor(s) will be the contact person between the authors and the RIS, informing the authors about the procedure to follow, as well as delivery dates. The final papers should be written by December 2021.
- Propose in coordination with the editorial team a list of referees. The whole process of evaluation will be conducted by the journal.
- Supporting the RIS Editorial Staff in managing evaluations.
RIS editors may open the special issue to new articles or cancel it in case of rejection of proposed articles or non-compliance with the dates set by RIS. Likewise, the RIS editors may not publish the issue if the proposals do not meet the quality requirements.